Bethpage Aircraft Federal Credit Union
From Central Park Historical Society Encyclopedia
Now know as the Bethpage Federal Credit Union. Serving employees of Grumman Aircraft with savings accounts, loans for every purpose and dividends paid on savings.
Source: Grumman Yankees 1949
October 28, 1941 the credit union was chartered to serve the employees of Grumman Plant #2. 114 members deposited $413.50. By year's end, more than 400 members had saved $4,705.00. Membership grew, and the credit unions of Plant #1 and Plant #2 merged, adopting the name Bethpage Aircraft Federal Credit Union.
In 1974 the name Bethpage Aircraft Federal Credit Union was changed to Bethpage Federal Credit Union serving over 24,000 members.
Information from: Bethpage Federal Credit Union 1990 Annual Report - An Anniversary Album.
- This page was last modified on 29 October 2013, at 22:13.
- This page has been accessed 573 times.