Sengstacken's General Store
From Central Park Historical Society Encyclopedia
Built in 1903 by Henry Sengstacken. Three stories - used as a General Store.
1908 - Sold to H. Meier - Used as a Department Store
1911 - 1922 - Sold to and used by Henry Schaaf as General Store.
1922 - 1936 - Operated as a movie theater - Empty for some time.
Circa 1936 - Sold to Burt O'Connor - Operated "The Colonial".
Circa 1970's - Sold to Arthur Hayes - Operated as "Hayes Inn".
When electricity and telephones came to Broadway in 1911 and one of the first phones was in this store.
Information from Jack Gifford's notes.
- This page was last modified on 11 November 2013, at 18:06.
- This page has been accessed 581 times.